People Operations Advisor
Location: London based, 2 – 3 days per week WFH
Contract type: Permanent, Fulltime/Flexible
Salary: from £32,000 per annum
IMPOWER is the country’s largest independent management consultancy focussed exclusively on helping our public sector clients improve services for their local communities. We hold a profound belief in the innate value of public services; a better public sector is the cornerstone of a better society.
IMPOWER help public service leaders produce lasting, positive change in complex systems. We exist because public services can be – and should be – improved. For us, improving public services is fundamentally about improving the lives of citizens. We have consistently demonstrated that performance can be improved and that this improved performance can be sustained, citizens’ lives made noticeably better and public services left more resilient to manage future challenges.
About the role
This role is pivotal to delivering quality People operations and services. You will be passionate about supporting our people, whether that be through clear communication of our policies and guidance, to onboarding our new talent, and effectively processing our monthly payroll in collaboration with Finance colleagues. You will be highly organised and have an eye for detail, as well as having a team player attitude with an approachable and coaching style. You will be well supported by the wider People and Business Services Team, with many opportunities to train develop and reach your full potential.
We would be very excited to speak with you if you feel the below experiences apply to you:
- Demonstrable experience of delivering a range of generalist HR and People activities within previous HR/People Advisor roles.
- CIPD Level 5 qualified or equivalent relevant experience, demonstrating a good understanding of HR practice and employment legislation.
- Previous experience of payroll and benefits related tasks.
- A positive, proactive approach, with experience in recommending solutions and improvements to key internal challenges.
- Attention to detail, with excellent organisational skills, ability to multitask, and ability to prioritise own workload.
- Desire and drive for delivering quality work and services.
- Good personal resilience with an ability to quickly problem solve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to actively listen.
- A high level of personal integrity, with absolute discretion and sensitivity for the information they will have access to.
- Team player, with an ability to work collaboratively
- Desire to actively learn and develop, with a mature and professional approach to our supportive feedback culture.
- Demonstrable ability of building relationships across all levels of the business.
- Be the first point of contact for all People related queries.
- Support the business with data, expertise, insights and knowledge to develop D&I and Wellbeing initiatives.
- Managing the relationships between our payroll and benefits providers, ensuring issues are escalated and responded to quickly in line with service agreements.
- End to end processing of monthly payroll and pension schedules, in collaboration with Finance colleagues.
- Management and administration of employee benefits, acting as first point of contact for queries and engaging with broker where applicable to coordinate changes and advices.
- Maintaining the HRIS with accurate employee data and files.
- Supporting managers with capability procedures, ensuring compliance to company policy.
- Providing support to managers with employee relation procedures and processes
- Leading on the quality and timely onboarding of new employees.
- Supporting Performance Managers in drafting offboarding letters/Issuing offboarding letters confirming leaver details e.g., contract end date, final pay, annual leave, etc.
About our offer
- Competitive salary with a personal and company-based performance bonus
- 28 days annual leave (+ bank holidays), with buy/sell/rollover scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance and Income Protection
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Gym Subsidy contribution, including to online fitness subscriptions
- Parent, guardian, and carer friendly policies
- Discounts at a variety of high street retailers
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Paid volunteer/CSR days
- Regular team socials and celebrations
About our commitment to Inclusion
At IMPOWER, whilst we are committed to being an equal opportunities employer - our commitment to facilitating a safe, inclusive working environment doesn’t just stop at an Equality and Diversity Policy.
We are an organisation that is actively working towards anti-discrimination of any kind against race, gender, gender identity, sexuality, disability, age, religious belief, parental or carer commitments, marital status or civil partnership. We do this through our D&I strategy, through constant review our policies and procedures, through our recruitment processes, and through the training and development of our staff.
Our bi-monthly Inclusion forums give staff a safe space to share ideas, concerns and thoughts on how we can continue to create and embed an Inclusive culture – focusing on the main principles of psychological safety and celebrating the diversity of our team.