Location: London + UK travel to client sites + WFH
Salary: Starting from £42,000 + Excellent benefits
Start: January 2022
IMPOWER is an award-winning independent consultancy focused exclusively on improving public services. By enabling our clients to grip the challenges of complexity, we supercharge their ability to improve lives and save money.
We exist because public services can be – and should be – improved. For us, improving public services is fundamentally about improving the lives of citizens.
We offer a genuine opportunity to contribute to improving public services, the friendliness and support of a close-knit team, and a stimulating environment where you can develop your career and fulfil your potential. IMPOWER has the credibility to shape thinking on public services, and the know-how to improve lives across the country - but we also have the humanity to make this work a rewarding and engaging experience for our employees.
About the role
Our Senior Consultants are highly valued members of the team, and provide consulting, project management and analytical work across our projects. The role will see you coordinating a range of exciting project activities, leading workshops, working with frontline professionals, and sharing key insights with senior clients.
Our Senior Consultants are curious and inquisitive, and they take a genuine interest in our clients to work together in solving the important challenges they face. They are flexible, adapt positively to change, and have great deal of emotional intelligence and empathy.
We are based in London, but travel within the UK will be required to meet with your clients and build relationships with front line teams. We'll work with you to make travel commitments as painless as possible, and will happily talk through likely expectations on an initial introductory call.
To be right for the role of Senior Consultant – you should have a combination of the below skills and experiences, including:
- Experience of working on change and transformation projects within the public sector, social care, local government or health sectors.
- Ability to inspire others to undertake change.
- Demonstrable experience working closely with others on a project, building strong relationships quickly and tackling resistance as it arises.
- Demonstrable experience facilitating, developing or supporting workshops, focus groups or other similar activities.
- Evidence of working at pace on a project whilst delivering high quality outcomes.
- Experience in building and managing relationships across a range of stakeholders.
- Empathy and emotional intelligence, with the resilience for dealing with the challenges that come with working with as a consultant.
- Presentation skills to a range of stakeholders.
- Competent in all Microsoft Office software, including: good use of MS Excel to analyse and present data.
Experience of producing high quality documents and reports.
Project Management skills.
Excellent attention to detail
About our offer
- Competitive salary, with a personal and company-based performance bonus
- 28 days annual leave (+ bank holidays), with buy/sell/rollover scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance and Income Protection
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Gym Subsidy contribution, including to online fitness subscriptions
- Parent, guardian, and carer friendly policies
- Discounts at a variety of high street retailers
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Paid volunteer/CSR days
- Regular team socials and celebrations
Diversity and Inclusion
At IMPOWER, whilst we are committed to being an equal opportunities employer - our commitment to facilitating a safe, inclusive working environment doesn’t just stop at an Equality and Diversity Policy.
We are an organisation that is actively working towards anti-discrimination of any kind against race, gender, gender identity, sexuality, disability, age, religious belief, parental or carer commitments, marital status or civil partnership. We do this through our D&I strategy, through constant review our policies and procedures, through our recruitment processes, and through the training and development of our staff.
Our bi-monthly Inclusion forums give staff a safe space to share ideas, concerns and thoughts on how we can continue to create and embed an Inclusive culture – focusing on the main principles of psychological safety and celebrating the diversity of our team.
Closing date for applications is 3rd December.