Location: Flexible, with occasional travel to London
Salary: Banding starts from £35,000 + Bonus + Excellent benefits
Permanent, Full-time / Part-time
IMPOWER is an award-winning independent consultancy focused exclusively on improving public services. By enabling our clients to grip the challenges of complexity, we supercharge their ability to improve lives and save money.
We exist because public services can be – and should be – improved. For us, improving public services is fundamentally about improving the lives of citizens.
We offer a genuine opportunity to contribute to improving public services, the friendliness and support of a close-knit team, and a stimulating environment where you can develop your career and fulfil your potential. IMPOWER has the credibility to shape thinking on public services, and the know-how to improve lives across the country - but we also have the humanity to make this work a rewarding and engaging experience for our employees.
About the role
We are looking for a high-performing Bid Coordinator to support the existing Business Development Manager with the delivery of bids/tender responses and proposals. This role will support us in major competitive bids/tenders within the Public Sector space, and will also support Directors with the creation of consistent, high-quality proposals for non-competitive opportunities.
The Bid Coordinator will be responsible for creating and collating data and materials to support the development of tenders and proposals. Leaning on the Business Development Manager and Account Directors for support, this will include reading through tender deliverables, allocating actions/owners, managing deadlines/development of content and successful submission of the tenders.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to shape this newly established role, creating further opportunities for career development and progression that might not necessarily be available within larger organisations. The Bid Coordinator will have access to regular training opportunities with the opportunity to engage and be mentored by our senior staff in the business. You will be part of a culture that genuinely cares and puts its people first.
We are based in London, but have adopted a hybrid style of working, so your location in the UK is not important, providing you are comfortable with travel to the London office from time to time when required. And of course for social activities!
To be right for this role, you should have/be:
- Experience in a role supporting bids/tenders or similar competitive application processes, and/or drafting effective non-competitive proposals
- A strong track record of planning projects
- A high attention to detail with excellent editing and proofing ability
- Excellent literacy skills, creative and able to craft compelling content that excites and delights readers
- A creative and inventive thinker who is not afraid to push the boundaries
- Deadline driven with effective time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Evidence of successful delivery in fast moving and high-pressure environment
- Organisation skills, problem solving and ability to work under own initiative.
About our offer
- Competitive salary, with a personal and company-based performance bonus
- 28 days annual leave (+ bank holidays), with buy/sell/rollover scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance and Income Protection
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Gym Subsidy contribution, including to online fitness subscriptions
- Parent, guardian, and carer friendly policies
- Discounts at a variety of high street retailers
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Paid volunteer/CSR days
- Regular team socials and celebrations
About our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At IMPOWER, whilst we are committed to being an equal opportunities employer - our commitment to facilitating a safe, inclusive working environment doesn’t just stop at an Equality and Diversity Policy.
We are an organisation that is actively working towards anti-discrimination of any kind against race, gender, gender identity, sexuality, disability, age, religious belief, parental or carer commitments, marital status or civil partnership. We do this through our D&I strategy, through constant review our policies and procedures, through our recruitment processes, and through the training and development of our staff.
Our bi-monthly Inclusion forums give staff a safe space to share ideas, concerns and thoughts on how we can continue to create and embed an Inclusive culture – focusing on the main principles of psychological safety and celebrating the diversity of our team.