Location: London / Home based + UK travel when required
Salary: Starting from £80,000 + Competitive Bonus + Excellent Benefits
IMPOWER is an award-winning independent consultancy focused exclusively on improving public services. By enabling our clients to grip the challenges of complexity, we supercharge their ability to improve lives and save money.
We exist because public services can be – and should be – improved. For us, improving public services is fundamentally about improving the lives of people.
We offer a genuine opportunity to contribute to improving public services, the friendliness and support of a close-knit team, and a stimulating environment where you can develop your career and fulfil your potential. IMPOWER has the credibility to shape thinking on public services, and the know-how to improve lives across the country - but we also have the humanity to make this work a rewarding and engaging experience for our employees.
We understand that impactful and meaningful change cannot be solved sustainably through traditional, liner project management approaches. Our unique EDGEWORK methodology provides our clients with the skills, techniques and mindset to collaboratively solve the complex problems they face – and we have shown that IMPOWER’s way of approaching change has provided better outcomes for service users that have cost our clients less to deliver.
Our team of highly skilled consultants use applied behavioural science, insight, creativity and a talent for building strong relationships to transform public service delivery. If you have a passion for improving public services and the energy to tackle some of our clients’ most difficult challenges, we hope you will be inspired to join our team.
About the role
Our Senior Managers are responsible for the day-to-day delivery of our larger and more complex delivery projects, and use their expertise and EDGEWORK approach to make impactful changes that benefit our clients needs.
They are responsible for drawing out insight from our projects to share across the business, and they generate ideas for how we can develop our offer and methods of change delivery. Our Senior Managers have some responsibility in supporting our senior team with relationship growth and account planning.
Our Senior Managers are emotionally intelligent – and know how to develop and manage a team of exceptionally talented and high performing staff. They are responsible for the day to day and longer-term performance management of our project and internal teams, ensuring that our staff are trained, developed, retained, and well cared for.
We are based in London, but travel within the UK will be required to meet with your clients and build relationships with front line teams. We'll work with you to make travel commitments as painless as possible, and will happily talk through likely expectations on an initial introductory call.
To excel in this role – you should ideally have a combination of the following skills and experiences, including:
- Working in a similar role within a Management Consultancy – with project delivery expertise focused on people/behavioural change
- Experience of working with or for the Public Sector, with a deep knowledge of Local Government, Social care, Health and / or Housing
- Able to evidence previous experience in the management and delivery of complex, long-term projects - achieving demonstrable impact
- Experienced in managing senior client and account relationships
- Strong background in supporting business development and account growth
- Evidence of strong emotional intelligence, with a clear understanding of how to work in values-based organisations and environments
- Demonstrable ability in developing and managing high performing teams, achieving effective results, with the ability to flex management style according to individual need
- Demonstrate a commercial mindset with a clear understanding of the commercial expectations of a consulting business, their contributions in supporting these and in ensuring consulting staff are delivering against their commercial responsibilities
- Excellent people skills; wellbeing is the top of our agenda, so you will have the skills and ability to manage and develop a positive environment for your team
- Must be comfortable with nationwide travel and be prepared in some cases to stay overnight local to client site
About our offer
- Competitive salary, with a personal and company-based performance bonus
- 28 days annual leave (+ bank holidays), with buy/sell/rollover scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance and Income Protection
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Gym Subsidy contribution, including to online fitness subscriptions
- Parent, guardian, and carer friendly policies
- Discounts at a variety of high street retailers
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Paid volunteer/CSR days
- Regular team socials and celebrations
About our commitment to Inclusion
At IMPOWER, whilst we are committed to being an equal opportunities employer - our commitment to facilitating a safe, inclusive working environment doesn’t just stop at an Equality and Diversity Policy.
We are an organisation that is actively working towards anti-discrimination of any kind against race, gender, gender identity, sexuality, disability, age, religious belief, parental or carer commitments, marital status or civil partnership. We do this through our D&I strategy, through constant review our policies and procedures, through our recruitment processes, and through the training and development of our staff.
Our bi-monthly Inclusion forums give staff a safe space to share ideas, concerns and thoughts on how we can continue to create and embed an Inclusive culture – focusing on the main principles of psychological safety and celebrating the diversity of our team.
To ensure you have the best experience with us, please let us know if we can make any adjustments to our application or interview process.