Location: Hybrid, WFH and from central London Office
Contract type: Permanent, Fulltime / Part-time considered
Salary: c£60,000 + Bonus + Excellent Bens
We are looking for an experienced Talent Acquisition Manager who will bring the expertise to develop and implement our plans for growth through the acquisition and management of talented people into our business.
IMPOWER is the country’s largest independent management consultancy focussed exclusively on helping our public sector clients improve services for their local communities. We hold a profound belief in the innate value of public services; a better public sector is the cornerstone of a better society.
IMPOWER help public service leaders produce lasting, positive change in complex systems. We exist because public services can be – and should be – improved. For us, improving public services is fundamentally about improving the lives of citizens. We have consistently demonstrated that performance can be improved and that this improved performance can be sustained, citizens’ lives made noticeably better and public services left more resilient to manage future challenges.
IMPOWER is ambitious and growing! We are seeking colleagues who are ready for challenge, growth and opportunity over the coming years as we build the blueprint for better public services.
About the role
We are looking for a seasoned Talent Acquisition Manager who will bring the expertise to develop and implement our plans for growth through the acquisition and management of talented people into our business. We have a great plan of work for the coming year which you will lead on implementing, but you will have the room and ability to guide and influence our thinking in this and future years, helping us build strategic TA plans and ensure these are hitting our goals for growth, attraction and resourcing. If you are experienced and excited about leading the Talent Acquisition function in a business of clever, capable and committed people we would love to hear from you!
To thrive in this role, we are looking for demonstrable experience of delivering end-to-end talent acquisition processes, including:
- Use of direct sourcing, agencies, job boards and referrals to build talent pipelines
- Effective use of technology and networks to build talent pools
- Consideration of Diversity and Inclusion in all aspects and elements of talent acquisition
- Experience using tools such as LinkedIn for direct sourcing of candidates, including knowledge of Boolean search techniques, talent pools and LinkedIn Recruiter
- Experience of the design of selection techniques appropriate to different roles
- Experience of recruiting and managing a contingent workforce is preferred, awareness of IR35 would be a huge plus!
- Awareness of and interest in the development of a compelling attraction / Employer Value Proposition
- Understanding of the public sector and consultancy is preferred, an interest in solving complex public sector issues and supporting vulnerable people is highly desirable.
- Proven analytical ability, with evidence of creating and using data to support evidence-based decisions
- Experience of measuring, monitoring and reporting the impact of your Talent Acquisition programmes
- A passion for Diversity and Inclusion and clear evidence of where you have built this into your talent acquisition practices
- A positive, proactive approach to problem solving, with a strong ability for creating fair but balanced solutions for the business and our candidates
- Excellent people, negotiating and relationship skills, able to build trust and credibility with stakeholders
- High emotional intelligence with an ability to empathize and consider multiple and diverse perspectives
- Good personal resilience, able to respond well to the pressures and ambiguity of a growing organisation
- Attention to detail, with excellent organisational skills, ability to multitask and prioritise own workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Professional Services is preferred, with experience in knowledge led, passionate, people-centred industries a must
About our offer
- Competitive salary, with a personal and company-based performance bonus
- 28 days annual leave (+ bank holidays), with buy/sell/rollover scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance and Income Protection
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Gym Subsidy contribution, including to online fitness subscriptions
- Parent, guardian, and carer friendly policies
- Discounts at a variety of high street retailers
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Paid volunteer/CSR days
- Regular team socials and celebrations
About our commitment to Equality and Diversity
At IMPOWER, whilst we are committed to being an equal opportunities employer - our commitment to facilitating a safe, inclusive working environment doesn’t just stop at an Equality and Diversity Policy.
We are an organisation that is actively working towards anti-discrimination of any kind against race, gender, gender identity, sexuality, disability, age, religious belief, parental or carer commitments, marital status or civil partnership. We do this through our D&I strategy, through constant review our policies and procedures, through our recruitment processes, and through the training and development of our staff.
Our bi-monthly Inclusion forums give staff a safe space to share ideas, concerns and thoughts on how we can continue to create and embed an Inclusive culture – focusing on the main principles of psychological safety and celebrating the diversity of our team.