Delivery Director, Public Sector
IMPOWER is the country’s largest independent management consultancy focussed exclusively on helping our public sector clients improve services for their local communities. We hold a profound belief in the innate value of public services; a better public sector is the cornerstone of a better society.
IMPOWER help public service leaders produce lasting, positive change in complex systems. We exist because public services can be – and should be – improved. For us, improving public services is fundamentally about improving the lives of citizens. We have consistently demonstrated that performance can be improved and that this improved performance can be sustained, citizens’ lives made noticeably better and public services left more resilient to manage future challenges.
Our team of highly skilled consultants use applied behavioural science, insight, creativity and a talent for building strong relationships to transform public service delivery. If you have a passion for improving public services and the energy to tackle some of our clients’ most difficult challenges, we hope you will be inspired to join our team.
About the role
We are looking for a Delivery Director to lead on exciting and challenging delivery partnerships with our clients whilst ensuring the delivery of objectives across our high-performing teams. Within this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Showcase your expertise in solution delivery and account management across a range of clients within the public sector
- Offer your perspectives and creativity to develop innovative solutions to our clients’ challenges
- Manage our external client relationships, engaging with senior stakeholders and acting as a trusted advisor; including Directors of Adults and Children’s Services, Directors of Place, Financial Directors and Transformation Directors
- Act and be seen as a role model for delivery standards across the business, ensuring these are clear, understood and delivered to a high quality in project work – achieving strong impacts
- Directly manage project teams, ensuring work is delivered to time, on budget and to high quality, demonstrated through client feedback
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the needs of our clients, and how best IMPOWER can identify and shape solutions which will enable growth of accounts you are managing
- Identify new value propositions or impact from delivery that will support broader company growth, working with directors to achieve clear go-to-market strategies
To be right for the role – you should have a combination of the below skills and experiences, including:
- Significant experience working in a similar role within a Management Consultancy or in other senior transformation roles
- Able to evidence previous experience of leadership of delivering complex and long-term projects, achieving demonstrable impact
- Extensive experience managing senior client and account relationships
- Evidence of account planning and growth in previous roles
- Experience of public sector consulting, with a deep knowledge of local government, social care, health and / or housing
- Evidence of strong emotional intelligence, with a clear understanding of how to work in values based organisations and environments
- Demonstrable ability in developing and managing high performing teams, achieving effective results, with the ability to flex management style according to individual need
- Commercial mindset with a clear understanding of the commercial requirements of running a consulting business, their contributions in supporting these and in ensuring consulting staff are delivering against their commercial responsibilities
- Excellent people skills- Wellbeing is the top of our agenda, so you will have the skills and ability to manage and develop a positive environment for your team
- Must be comfortable with nationwide travel and be prepared in some cases to stay overnight local to client site.
About our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At IMPOWER, whilst we are committed to being an equal opportunities employer - our commitment to facilitating a safe, inclusive working environment doesn’t just stop at an Equality and Diversity Policy.
We are an organisation that is actively working towards anti-discrimination of any kind against race, gender, gender identity, sexuality, disability, age, religious belief, parental or carer commitments, marital status or civil partnership. We do this through our D&I strategy, through constant review our policies and procedures, through our recruitment processes, and through the training and development of our staff.
Our bi-monthly Inclusion forums give staff a safe space to share ideas, concerns and thoughts on how we can continue to create and embed an Inclusive culture – focusing on the main principles of psychological safety and celebrating the diversity of our team.